[geeks] cooking with hot stuff

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jun 4 14:56:51 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 01:26:18PM -0700, Rick Hamell wrote:

> 	Making Salsa for the first time, 8 habernos, 8 jalepenos, 8 of
> some other pepper (don't remeber the name,) 8 roma tomatoes, 1/2 white
> onion, 1/2 purple onion, and two full cloves of garlic.... During the
> simmering process the STEAM was burning my eyes... Had to open all the
> doors in the dead of winter and set up a fan to move it out of the house.

You cook your salsa?  When I've made salsa, I just mixed the
ingredients and threw in the fridge for 20 minutes.  A lot of people
liked it.

Lets see, I put in garlic, tomato (veryvery finely diced), spring and
white onion, ground/dried cyan pepper.

I haven't found a good place locally to get good pepers other than
jaleopeneos.

Oh, BTW, at the Olive Garden, they have whole jaleopeneos in the
salads.  These are a different color and feel from jaleopeneos from
the fresh produce section of the market.  What do they do to the
pepers to get them like that?

--
Joshua D. Boyd