[geeks] another linux issue....

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Thu Jan 31 16:46:51 CST 2002

Something weird about Linux I'd forgotten about...

When I first heard about this, I thought it was a joke. Then I saw
a few more references to it, and I'm beginning to think it might be
true, even though it's so hard to believe. So maybe someone here
can confirm/deny:

Does Linus refuse to let a kernel debugger be developed?
I read that he thinks that using a symbolic debugger makes for a
sloppy programmer, and it's a crutch which weakens its user.

This is obviously so stupid it's embarassing even for his
enemies, but can it actually be true?

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------