[geeks] HP 9150i cdrw.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jan 29 00:03:22 CST 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:19:00PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:17:38AM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Anyone try these?  I think HPs are considered good for CD-RWs.  I've used on
> > under Windows NT4 at school, but not this model, and never any IDE under
> > linux, but some reviews state that it is unofficially supported.
>
> The HP USB stuff is good.

Well, walmart was out of HPs (yes, there really aren't any places to buy
computer gear around here when one can't wait for it to be shipped).  So,
I went to staples and bought a pacific digital.  It is really a mitsumi.
What a piece of crap it appears to be, plus I spent way to much.  Well, it
appears to be broken, so I shall return it tomorrow.

Maybe I'll go back to wallmart and buy an Iomega 4x4x16 USB drive.  The
closest place that seems to sell plextors of any sort is Best Buy an hour
from here.  Not sure when I could manage to get there though...  Maybe I
should break down and enter the circuit ghetto.  Shiver.  But, I'm really
want (bordering on need) one right now.

And all I really wanted was to hold out till I could afford a nice plextor in
a 411 case.

--
Joshua D. Boyd