[geeks] USB CD-RW

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Jan 27 00:17:59 CST 2002

Has anyone used any of these style devices much?  In particular I'm interested
in a Philips model (4x4x6, don't remeber model # though).  It would be used
on a machine with no other USB devices hooked up at the same time.  I'm
particularly interested about a) win98 b) linux c) macos 8.x (pretty much in
that order due to the rush I'm in).

I was trying to hold out for a nice external scsi unit, but I came up with an
idea (going away present for someone) that needs a CD-RW really quickly to
implement, so in a I-Want-It-Monday sort of time frame, the options are USB
or internal IDE (which can only be placed in my sisters machine since my
machines or out of either controller chanels or drive bays).

--
Joshua D. Boyd