[geeks] What was Jeep thinking?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jan 25 12:38:20 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 09:13:23AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> bill pointon wrote:
> >
> > ironbut rally / -- is that the one where all the cars have to have 6
> > tracks and play " in a gadda da vida " incessantly as they race ???
>
> whuh?  Don't you mean 8 tracks?  OR do you really mean 6 track?
> (showing *my* age :)
>
> Ironbutt rally is 11,000 miles in 11 days on two wheels (motorcycles).
> You get extra points for logging additional miles at each checkpoint.
> Some folks have gone over 15k miles in the 11 days.

That sounds fun.  Lets see.  If I wanted to do 16500 miles, that would be
1500 miles a day.  So, for a 16 hour day, you would need to average nearly
a hundred miles an hour.  But, maybe you could soup up a harley to sustain 150
to 200.  That would certainly make for a sore everything going that fast on a
bike for such lengths of time.

--
Joshua D. Boyd