[geeks] Battlebots Vs. Robotica

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Thu Jan 24 10:33:31 CST 2002

	After watching junkyard wars last night I caught an episode of
robotica and thought to myself how sad. Then I got thinking about it,
Robotica should have come first and them battlebots should have spawned from
it. While I admire what robotica is trying to do, make it so that their is
more game strategy in the competition, their execution is horrible. It
appeared that bot design was only half the battle, luck played to much of a
role also.
	Battlebots on the other hand is straight forward. Kill or be Kill
and frankly I like that more, they also seem to have a large base of
builders for that show now. I don't know any geek that would not jump at a
chance to build a bot to compete in battlebots.
	If robotica had come first, and they had broke the battling off as a
separate show I would have more respect for robotica. But as it stands
robotica is a pretender that is not even that good. Now am I wrong on this
and judging to much from one episode and a half dozen commercials or am I
correct to give this show a miss from now on.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org