[geeks] OT: cat

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Mon Jan 21 06:57:38 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Anyway, what is the ratio of cat to dog people here?  We know that Amy would
> file herself as both.  I'm a cat person.

I like cats, but I'm allergic to them. My inlaws have 3, my mom has 3. I
had a couple of cats growing up before the allergy developed. Then in my
early twenties I had a roommate who had a cat, and I didn't think
anything of it. When he moved out, I realized I hadn't breathed through
my nose for the previous three years.

I've also had dogs. First was a collie that my grandfather got for me
when I was like 3 or so. Then a Westhighland Terrier through college,
followed by a Saint Bernard. They were both older dogs when I got them,
and so I didn't have them long. My wife got me an Australian Shepherd
puppy not long after we were married. He was the coolest dog I've ever
known. Unfortunately, he didn't belong in the city (even with out large
fenced yard. He had way too much energy. He hung himself by accident.

Now my wife has two dogs, a cocker spaniel and a boxer. They are most
definitely her dogs, not mine.

---sambo