[geeks] Proxies

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jan 18 19:15:50 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 07:03:09PM -0500, Ryn wrote:
> Does anyone use a HTTP proxy on there home network? I am contemplating using the
> squid.

I use junkbuster.  I don't actually use it to bust junk, I use it to either
connect straight to the destination site or to another proxy, as it's
easier to reconfig it on the fly from a shell script than to get a shell
script to reconfig Netscape to do that ;-)

  With ... the fact that Linux has become so easy to install that
  certain species of bacteria are now being hired by MIS departments,
  what was once the domain of rigorously trained, highly specialized
  professionals has devolved into the Dark Land of the Monkeys.
     -- Greg Knauss