[geeks] Kickass monitors, on a budget?

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Fri Jan 18 09:42:04 CST 2002

Tom Borton wrote:

> http://www.monitorsdirect.com - they put out some well-reviewed
> Cornerstone monitors.

I've got a Cornerstone monitor. It rocks. Awesome products, I've been
using them for years. But I don't think they've got much in the sub-$500
range. To get full benefit you need to use their video cards as well,
and they're well worth it. The ImageAccel 4 plus supports dual heads and
resolutions up to 2048x1536 @32 bpp. unfortunately, their software is
Windows only, but the chipset is supported under Linux. I have a couple
of cards (not that one, but an ImageAccel 4, and a 3) and must say
they're awesome. Used that word twice in this paragraph, but I don't
know a better word.

All-in-all, fantastic products, but not cheap.

---sambo