[geeks] OT: FS, Metcal hot-air soldering iron

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Wed Jan 16 11:30:28 CST 2002

> > I have an Agenda, but I haven't used it in a while.  I'll have
> > to look into upgrading the memory.
>

> Hey, cool. You have a dev edition or consumer? i just rolled a new
> romdisk, and I'm extremely happy with it. Realy looking forward to the
> speed boost 16M of RAM would give me. Between that and the recharge hack
> at http://www.phj.hu/agenda/ it's a party in my pants (pocket, that is).

I have the developer edition.  I'll have to check the recharge hack.  I
quit using mine as it went through batteries like there's no tomorrow.

> I removed a bunch of crap I don't use (launchpad related, mostly) and
> created /usr/books. Stick an e-book in there and I'm all set for my
> train ride downtown.
>
> I don't know if you're on any of the agenda mailing lists, but I find
> that all the people complaining about their Agendae are the same folks
> who *ne-e-e-ed* windows. I love mine, and carry it with me everywhere.

I'm not on any of the mailing lists, so can you forward me the addresses
to subscribe?

If I need Windows, I'll use my iPaq, but that's really just a
portable game device.  I am having a lot of fun playing PocketSlay
and just bought the full version (plus the Windows version to play
the larger islands).  I'll probably load the iPaq Linux distribution
sometime in the near future, though.  Not until I get through all
the levels on PocketSlay.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net