[geeks] Powerbooks

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jan 16 10:25:16 CST 2002

What sort of prices should be reasonable for low end powerbooks like 1400c and
5300c models?  Most sellers seem to want $200+ for these in less than ideal
configurations (like missing floppies and cdroms and batteries and ac
adaptersm and combinations of these items), but people don't seem to being
buying them at those prices.

Any other models that should be considered?  I mainly just want emacs, perhaps
SCM and/or MCL, and Word on it, along with an ethernet port and a web
browser.  This is to replace my 486 notebook with only 8 megs of ram running
windows 95 (because Linux refuses to work with it).

I don't know if I really should do this, but I have a bunch of classes this
semester where I expect that it would be really handy to have a usable notebook
again and probably the easiest way to justify it is to lump it in with my
impending book purchases.

--
Joshua D. Boyd