[geeks] 486 as router/firewall/server

Boatman on the River of Suck vance at ikickass.org
Wed Jan 16 00:28:30 CST 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Geek wrote:

> How many CD's is NetBSD? FreeBSD is only one or that's all I have. How well
> do the two BSD's(Net and Free) work, from experience, with those two NIC's?

NetBSD is one CD for all of its platforms.  BSD is very old and very
robust, and so works really well.  I would suggest you not use either of
those NIC's.  If you want a fairly painless ride, go to your local
PC-geek-central and buy a Linksys 100Mbps PCI card.  I believe the model
number is LNE100TX.  It's compatible with Tulip and is only about $30.

Peace...  Sridhar