[geeks] Dual CPU motherboards

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Tue Jan 15 20:19:44 CST 2002

We have a couple TigerMP's and a couple ThunderK7's. We REALLY like the
Tiger's, they are very stable, really fast and they just work. The Thunder's
have had some problems with stability, but they are working pretty good now.
We are planning on getting 25 more TigerMP machines real soon now. For what
we need, the MPX doesn't offer any benefits, so we are going to stick with
the MP's. Very impressive and highly recommended.

Personally I have been waiting for the MPX to come out before I upgrade. I
have some 64bit/66MHz PCI cards that I would really like to use to their
full potential, so I am going to get a Tiger MPX.

The one thing to watch out for is the MP Athlon boards all take Registered
DDR rather than the normal DDR, so make sure you order the right stuff (we
didn't, once). We have a couple machines with 2GB of memory in them and they
are really nice.

shawn