[geeks] Dual CPU motherboards

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Tue Jan 15 20:10:57 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 18:04, Ryn wrote:
> Anyone using the Tyan MP or MPX motherboards? I am debating putting one these
> together with two 1.4GHZ Athlons and 1GB of RAM.

Yeah, I put one of these together as my compile farm for GNOME 2.0.
Sweet box, but make sure you get the right ram.  Standard PC2100 on this
board only lets you use 2 sticks (I can't figure out which ?IMMs they
are this week).  I got my ram from crucial, for about half what you'll
pay now.  Crucial was about 1/3 the price of the same memory at mushkin.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.