[geeks] # of machines running currently

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jan 15 19:04:51 CST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:20:14PM -0500, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> Three words:  Star Control 2....
>
> or in other words... plop DOS on it, get a nice SB16 and good ISA or VLB
> graphics, a 5 1/4" floppy, and pull out all your great old games from the
> 80's and 90's.  That's what I'm doing as I'm writing this e-mail...
> heisting old 486 junk from work to play Star Control again... also going
> to get that great NES emulator called Nesticle.
>
> PC's are great for games...

You know, I have a P166mmx.  It is short on ram (the large dimm in it failed so
it is now stuff with an inadequate amount of SIMMS), but that's cheap.  It has
a decent graphics card, etc.  I was just thinking of putting windows on it to
play my old sierra games, plus a few others on it.  And I also was thinking of
trying to aquire a few more old sierra games, like the heros quest stuff,
gabriel knight, et all.

I might do that this weekend.  It still needs more ram, but Staples isn't
gauging people too badly right this moment.

--
Joshua D. Boyd