[geeks] # of machines running currently

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Jan 15 16:20:14 CST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Which still leaves the question of what to do with that 486.  It served me well
> for many years.  My new plan is to use it as a caching proxy.  With only one

Three words:  Star Control 2....

or in other words... plop DOS on it, get a nice SB16 and good ISA or VLB
graphics, a 5 1/4" floppy, and pull out all your great old games from the
80's and 90's.  That's what I'm doing as I'm writing this e-mail...
heisting old 486 junk from work to play Star Control again... also going
to get that great NES emulator called Nesticle.

PC's are great for games...

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.