[geeks] # of machines running currently

William S. wilby98 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 17:20:10 CST 2002

I was just given a Compaq 486 a couple days ago and was
trying to figure out what to do with it. I would like
to install an OS and do something with it but would also
use it as a NAT box if that was suitable. I havn't looked in it
to see how much memory it has and I know that would be
a factor in this.

Ross, how did you happen to select OpenBSD instead of
FreeBSD or Linux?

Bill
Amsterdam, NL

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 03:35:34PM -0500, Ross Alexander wrote:
> For me 3 24x7:
> Gateway 486 motherboard w/pentium 80(?) overdrive cpu running OpenBSD -
> Firewall, NAT box connected to DSL & Cable modems

<<snip>>

> Dell 486 33Mhz laptop running OpenBSD - serial console for Alpha
<<snip>>>