[geeks] rants: surgery

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jan 15 16:15:25 CST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 10:05:29PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> I had a toe hacked on for exactly the same thing. I saw a needle 1.5"
> long, looked away, then felt him wiggle it in the joint. I got a mental
> picture of my leg with the needle sticking out of it and blacked out. I
> awoke to him halfway through. My mother, a nurse, kept watch on me and
> urged him to get started while I wasn't an issue. :)

When they did mine, they put up a little curtain so I couldnt see what
they were doing.. the most uncomfortable part was when they stuck the
needle in, yeah... after that I could feel the *pressure* of them cutting
the nail (and loud SNIP SNIPs), and blood running down my foot, but
no actual *pain*.  After they fixed it, it never hurt again as bad as
it had before, so I never even filled the vicodin prescription (little
did I know back then... nowdays I'd fill it and "keep until I needed it"..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net