[geeks] rants: surgery

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Jan 15 16:05:29 CST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Blah.  I hate minor surgery.  Going in Friday to have an ingrown toenail
> hacked on.  Had to do this four years ago to the OTHER foot - but at least
> it hasnt bothered me since.

I had a toe hacked on for exactly the same thing. I saw a needle 1.5"
long, looked away, then felt him wiggle it in the joint. I got a mental
picture of my leg with the needle sticking out of it and blacked out. I
awoke to him halfway through. My mother, a nurse, kept watch on me and
urged him to get started while I wasn't an issue. :)

-----