[geeks] valuation on a sparc 2 / ss10?

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Mon Jan 14 12:35:06 CST 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

> company that doesn't confuse "working" with "being at work", and that
> understands that work is still valid even if it occurs in the
> suit-taboo hours before 9am or after 5pm.

See, if you'd talked to me about it before moving, I could have tried to
get you in the door at $my_employer. I work my own schedule (early AM to
early afternoon) from wherever I feel like doing so. unfortunately,
they've decided not to hire any more _really_ remote employees, though
the ones already employed are staying where they are. So I can
telecommute from across town, but no new hires in Florida or Minnesota.

S'a shame, really, 'cuz we're actually quite profitable after
experiencing some of the pains of two years ago, and anticipating
massive growth with the release of our software (it was used in-house
only up to now, but IBM has licensed it for their own managed hosting
solution).

---sambo