[geeks] valuation on a sparc 2 / ss10?

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Mon Jan 14 12:06:37 CST 2002

>It really irks me that there are so many clueful people on this list who
>are unemployed, while there are a buttload of MSCE weenies out there
>drawing paychecks.

Some people are unemployed by choice (they'd rather do contract work,
I think dave falls into this category) or they'd rather be doing
something else.  I would *MUCH* rather work as a live sound tech
doing concerts and such.  But I can't do that yet so I work as a
sysadmin.  I don't get payed well, I get abused sometimes and I am
generally unappreciated but it pays my bills for now.  If I could get
a good paying job to do sound work (even recording stuff would be
fun)  where I live I would be much happier.  Some people have enough
bulk of hardware and the connections to get more that they can make a
living off of that (Mike N) , (I don't know if thats considered
employment or not).  If I had other means of making a living I would
*NOT* be a sysadmin and I may end up getting those other means this
year.  If I do end up there I will try to place someone from the
lists that wants to work here.

daniel