machine count (WAS: [geeks] valuation on a sparc 2 / ss10?)

Tom Borton tborton at usa.net
Sun Jan 13 19:03:28 CST 2002

> How many machines do most people keep running in there house? I Think
running
> three machines around the clock is bad.

Running in the house?  At least three and usually four around the clock:
486 Linux firewall, my desktop, wife's desktop, and usually my docked
laptop.  SS2 and SS20 sporadically as I haven't had the time to get them
set up properly (back you vultures!).  The Wintel boxen have power
saving enabled, but they still warm my office nicely.

Tom