[geeks] valuation on a sparc 2 / ss10?

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Jan 13 14:15:27 CST 2002

"Peter L. Wargo" wrote:

> U2 has one UPA slot for video.  Two for CPU's.
> The U30 and U60 have slots for 2 UPA video cards.

Thankee. So that puts it >$1000 for a U60 w/2 procs and 2 UPA cards. I
think my SS20's going to be around for a while. S'alright by me.

> iBook is cool idea.

Yeah, I work from home a lot, and when my wife is out I'd rather be
upstairs where the kids are than in the basement where the computers
are. An iBook with an Airport card and an access point would solve that
problem nicely. Now I just have to scrounge the money...

---sambo