[geeks] McRib power!

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sun Jan 13 10:17:45 CST 2002

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Geoff Reed wrote:

> At 02:50 AM 1/13/02 -0600, bill wrote:
> >The first night I had it, I slept four hours - and felt like I'd been asleep
> >for DAYS.  It ELIMINATED my snoring - amy kept coming in to check on me
> >because I *wasnt* making noise.

correction. i kept checking up on you because you werent making any noise
and i thought you'd suffocated and *died*. it was that much of a switch.
when you're used to hearing someone sleeping 40 feet down the hallway
behind two closed doors and then suddenly you hear nothing...

> me, it affected her and our cats too.  the lack of quality sleep made me a
> bit of a bastard at times, couple that with depression and I'm surprised
> that she put up with me. now after being on my cpap for > 1 year my blood
> pressure is down, I don't generate quite as much heat at night, and i have
> more energy (altho my mask is a little leaky so I'm waking up red eyed
> again :( )

due to the breeze thingy's pads wearing out, bill sometimes gets little
red patches on his nose from the leaking airflow. especially when he has a
cold. once at the doctor's office the doc asked if he did cocaine. i found it
quite amusing.

> >Best thing - we can now sleep in the same bed again. (yes, my snoring was THAT
> >bad..)
> mine wasn't quite that far....

i have a pair of sennheisers for headphones  (attatched to sblive) and i
crank them to maximum volume when im listening to my music. i'm three rooms
away from the bedroom. used to be i could hear him snoring while i was
listening to music. it was that loud for about two, two and a half years.
which is to say nothing of the foul moods he got into cause he wasnt sleeping
and then the arguments over him falling asleep while driving.

its easy now to look back and see that the solution was so simple and
worked so dramatically but it was hell for awhile.

the first night though, he got 4 hours of sleep. it was a friday. he
went to bed at 2 and i woke him up out of paranoia (that whole no-noise
thing bothered me) at 6. we went for breakfast. he didnt sleep for
another 18 hours.

it was like waking up with a different person.

--a