[geeks] McRib power!

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Sat Jan 12 18:30:30 CST 2002

At 11:48 AM 1/12/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Now my wife is concerned I might have sleep apnea since she's
>woken up at night and I wasn't breathing.  She said she either
>shakes me and I start breathing, or after a couple of minutes
>I'll make a loud snort and start breathing on my own.  I am
>tired during the day, and find I sleep better sitting up.  I
>also snore a lot (I just took a look at www.sleepapnea.org and
>checked the symptoms).  Another symptom listed is high blood
>pressure.  In the past year my blood pressure has gone up and
>I've had several tests that so far don't show any cause.

My wife used to do that, until one of our cats took it upon himself to
sleep at my feet and when i'd stop breathing he'd come up and pat my face
with his paws until i breathed again and he'd go lay down at the foot of
the bed and watch more...    since i got my CPAP I sleep through the night
and generally feel refreshed... and my cat gets to sleep too :)