[geeks] McRib power!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jan 12 11:59:36 CST 2002

On January 12, Eric Dittman wrote:
> My brother had sleep apnea and used some machine to help him
> breath at night, so I guess that was a CPAP machine.  The
> machine didn't work, so he had to get surgery, which did help
> although he complained about having the mother of all sore
> throats for about a week.

  Wow, that sucks...CPAP works for nearly everyone.

> Now my wife is concerned I might have sleep apnea since she's
> woken up at night and I wasn't breathing.  She said she either
> shakes me and I start breathing, or after a couple of minutes
> I'll make a loud snort and start breathing on my own.  I am
> tired during the day, and find I sleep better sitting up.  I
> also snore a lot (I just took a look at www.sleepapnea.org and
> checked the symptoms).  Another symptom listed is high blood
> pressure.  In the past year my blood pressure has gone up and
> I've had several tests that so far don't show any cause.

  RUN, do not walk, to your doctor and have yourself tested for apnea.
This is very serious stuff, and will have a negative impact on EVERY
aspect of your life.  No shit.  Ask James Sharp or Big Mike what I was
like before CPAP.

  I'm serious.  Call your doctor on Monday.  Take time off work if you
have to.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire