[geeks] home equipment inventories

kurt at k-huhn.com kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 10 11:40:17 CST 2002

>> I've found that the DVDs I own are way better than the VHS tapes.
>> Plus they don't degrade over time.
>
> Are you sure about that? I don't own any DVDs, but some of my
> >10-yr-old CDs won't play any more. Not scratched, just sitting for so
> long.

Really?  That's odd.  I have several CDs that I bought at a second-hand
music store in Bristol, RI.while in college about 12 yrs ago.  They all play
just fine.  Cassette tapes that I bought even 5 yrs ago have turned to crap
- so much so that they get used for pellet gun targets.

> Also, cat pee will rapidly degrade CDs.

That sounds like the voice of experience :)

Kurt