[geeks] emacs 21

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jan 10 08:24:43 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 01:32:52PM +0100, William S. wrote:

> of the table. I recently dl'd siag so I could prepare
> a "tab" delimited spreadsheet that will be integrated
> into the table.

Siag is a cool program.  Since spreadsheets are essentially functional
programming anyway, using scheme is a brilliant idea.  Unfortunatly, I have to
use Excel at work, and I don't really have much need of a spreedsheet for
personal stuff.

> One of the more challenging elements was figuring out
> how to print a page in landscape mode. I ended up
> using 'tbl file.txt | groff -P-l -ms -Tps > file.ps' to
> do that. The final document will be in PDF format.
> I know some would say it would be alot easier to do this
> with "word" and "excel" but I like it this way.

And others would say that it would be a lot easier to do in LaTeX.

--
Joshua D. Boyd