[geeks] emacs 21

William S. wilby98 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 06:32:52 CST 2002

I have switched back and forth between vi and emacs. For
some reason I end up always falling back on and
depending on vi. I can do the simple stuff on it
and even do things a little more complex. For instance,
I am writing a document now: Composing it with vi
and running it through groff. This document also has
tables so I am using "tbl" to construct the framework
of the table. I recently dl'd siag so I could prepare
a "tab" delimited spreadsheet that will be integrated
into the table.

One of the more challenging elements was figuring out
how to print a page in landscape mode. I ended up
using 'tbl file.txt | groff -P-l -ms -Tps > file.ps' to
do that. The final document will be in PDF format.
I know some would say it would be alot easier to do this
with "word" and "excel" but I like it this way.

Bill
Amsterdam, NL