[geeks] emacs 21

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jan 9 10:51:52 CST 2002

[ On Wednesday, January 9, 2002 at 02:45:28 (-0600), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] emacs 21
>
> I've "tried" it.   My problem is, I've got the VI key sequences so ingrained
> into my head that its IMPOSSIBLE for me to use anything *but* VI/vim/etc.

that's why emacs has come with a very good vi emulator for many years now....

Just type M-x vi-mode <CR> and away you go (some things are necessarily
different, and the ex (':') commands are not implemented (though typing
a ':' brings up a little help window with some common translations).
Obviously you can have it jump into vi-mode automatically too.

--
								Greg A. Woods