[geeks] home equipment inventories

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 9 10:15:00 CST 2002

Maybe I'm living large, but I have $125,000 for the house and $75,000 for
the contents. The biggest single piece I have is $2,200 for a cherry china
cabinet, but the rest of the dining room isn't far behind. I suspect that
after replacing furniture and junk I couldn't replace the "devalued"
collectable computers.

btw... about an early post in this thread regarding ghetto colo....
I have two home business' and the way I have them insured is as "casual
business" coverage. The two things that an insurer will be worried about is
1) will customers be on the premises? and 2) will customers leave valuable
"stuff" with you? If you can claim that customers won't be in your house
(except occasionally) and they will insure their own junk, its not much
money to properly insure your business in the home.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751