[geeks] emacs 21

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Wed Jan 9 01:54:28 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 23:35, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Anybody else using this?  I just let dselect upgrade to it, and, well, it looks
> different.  They moved the buffers menu from its proper place, and shock of
> shock, there is a button bar.  Ack.

Yeah, I'm using it, and so far it's nice.  First thing I did was to add
these lines to my .emacs.

;stuff for emacs21
(global-set-key [home] 'beginning-of-buffer) (global-set-key [end] 'end-of-buffer)
(tool-bar-mode -1)
;(blink-cursor-mode -1)

Mind you, the blinky cursor doesn't bug me, but it drove a friend nuts,
so I found out how to turn it off.  I hate how they broke the home/end
keys though...
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.