[geeks] home equipment inventories

Jim Carver jcarver at ipns.com
Tue Jan 8 23:16:11 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

snip
> In any case, the agent (Liberty Mutual *KICKS ASS* btw) asked what I
> had, I told her, and she said that they were covered for replacement
> value under our "personal possessions" coverage, which is about $85K.

Experience (sad,sad experience) says get your agents promises in writing
from your Insurance co. My agent (transamerica) said I was covered on
my tools. Till they were stolen. The home office said I had 4 times the
average of a household. Then to kick me while I was down they
depreciated
all my Snap-on and Mac tools. I was told that only businesses had these
quanities and types and that I should have had an Inland Marine policy
to cover myself fully. Even without the drepreciation, I kissed $6000
goodby in 1980. I repeat, GET IT IN WRITING, with all items and values
listed specifically on your policy.

				jim