[geeks] home equipment inventories

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 8 17:39:42 CST 2002

Most important concerns will be documenting that they are not business
machines - that requires special coverage, not general homeowners
insurance, AFAIK (but IANAIA - I Am Not An Insurance Agent).

Also, how would you support your valuation - reciepts, current market
value, etc?

I suspect it would be important to make it look like the machines belong
there, not like you  have borrowed all your friends boxes to pump up
your insurance claims... Just a thought.

I suspect you may need a separate policy, because if the insurance
company finds out you run a business (sunhelp.org may qualify), any
claim for business equipment may be invalidated.

Just a few thoughts, hope this helps,

Ken