[geeks] home equipment inventories

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 8 16:58:48 CST 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 04:19:03PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I need to go through tonight and make a list w/pictures of all my "big"
> equipment, serial numbers, etc... Anybody have suggestions or tips on what
> they do?  (this is for insurance purposes).
>
> I thought of just making a text list, then taking some digital camera pictures
> of the actual equipment, then printing that out on the color printer...

Last time I had to supply photographs to an insurer, they wouldn't accept
digital.  Which is silly, cos I can doctor an analogue photograph just as
well.  I bought one of those disposable cameras and used that for it.
What they wanted was a bunch of pictures, each one showing the entire item
(so they can tell that yes, it is a $expensive_thing, not just a number off
the back of a washing machine) with the number next to the photograph.

This was for insuring all my sound gear.  YMMV, so ring 'em and find out
exactly what their requirements are.

  There is no sigmonster