[geeks] Linux on Ultrasparc

James Sharp geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 8 01:06:52 CST 2002

> On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 00:16, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> > Get a recent Debian.  I think "Unstable" is on 2.4 by now.  It'll be
> > another two or three years before the hits "stable" though.  :-)
>
> No, use "testing".  It lags behind "unstable" a little bit, but usually
> only by a week or two.

I'm pulling down the ISOs for Debian & SuSe right now.  I got kinda
attached to Debian's apt-get...but I broke that in horribly squishy ways
when I upgraded the machine's perl from 5.005 to 5.6.1...but I'm sure
(hope?) that's fixed in the newer versions.

-James (who's turning his DSL inside out right now.  I WANT FIBER TO THE
HOUSE! Ahem. )