[geeks] computer room gallery 8-)

Eric Dittman geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 7 22:55:36 CST 2002

> > My wife and I are thinking about Pergo upstairs in the master
> > bedroom, loft, hallway, and computer room, but haven't decided.
> > Our downstairs is all tile with area rugs (cool in the summer, but
> > chilly in the winter).
>
> Don't.  Pergo sucks, and real wood isn't that much more expensive.  We have
> pergo here and plan to rip it out when the kitchen remodel comes.  Among other
> things, it just doesn't look/feel as nice, and it requires special cleaning.

We haven't decided.  We hear from both sides.  We have cats,
and sometimes they get upset and pee in a corner.  That's one
of the reasons we went with all tile downstairs.  We like to
have the windows open when the weather outside is nice (which
means not during the summer since we live in Texas), and we
found out the hard way that when a neighborhood cat marks outside
the window our cats mark inside (even though all the cats are
fixed and shouldn't mark).  This is a real pissing contest.

With Pergo Presto, supposedly we can use glue (even though it
is glueless) and the seams will all be sealed so the urine
won't seep into the Pergo.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net