[geeks] computer room gallery 8-)

Bryan Fullerton geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 15:28:08 CST 2002

> On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> Anybody else got pictures of their "home datacenter"s? 8-)

My home setup isn't that impressive, most of my gear is in a "real"
datacentre.

http://bryanfullerton.com/album/2001/noodling/tn/apt7.jpg.html

Three minitowers - on the desk is geisha, my Win2k gaming/browsing/etc
box, and on top of it is the Netgear 8-port 10/100 switch. On the floor
in a stack are ohmu, the Win2k fileserver and Usenet downloading machine
(which would be any other OS if the downloading app I use was available
for anything else), and katana, the FreeBSD 4-STABLE shell/mail
reader/build testing/DSL PPPoE client and router box.

The rackmount box (HP Netserver LPr) on the floor has since moved to a
semi-proper datacentre in a friend's office, where it hopefully collects
less dust, and is now my backup MX, backup DNS, and Quake3 (Urban
Terror) server box. ;)

Not shown: ronin, the TiBook (it's downstairs on the coffee table).

To tie in a related discussion, most of the apartment has lovely
hardwood floors, except the kitchen is linoleum and the bathrooms are
tile.

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton               http://bryanfullerton.com/
Core Competence               uunet.ca!gts!cspace!bryanf