[geeks] computer room gallery 8-)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 15:56:53 CST 2002

On  5 Jan, Boatman on the River of Suck wrote:

>> Why? Any BA440 is rack mountable. The desk side version has the same
>> chassis, but with a plastic skin around. You only need a screw driver
>> for the conversion, not an entire new chassis.
> But then you dont end up with a chassis which is a nice rack box going all
> the way back sitting on sliding rails.
OK. I don't have the sliding rails but I don't miss them on the BA213.

> You end up with a system that
> takes up a crapload of rack space and leaves a big empty space behind it.
It leaves enough space to mount my other "big" rack equipment (BA23,
Cipher F880 9 track tape and two 9" NEC D2363 SMD disks) below the
BA213. All the not so deep stuff like hub, DELNI, terminalserver, power
distribution box, ... is mounted in the back of the rack behind the
BA213. I like this. The front for operating the machines and the back
for wiring it all together.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen