[geeks] computer room gallery 8-)

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 01:14:52 CST 2002

On Friday, January 4, 2002, at 10:57 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:

> I can't really agree here.  The problem with memory cell errors due
> to radiation was known long enough for the designers to have taken
> that into account.

I would have thought so too, until I saw the lead time required to make
some of the changes.  Like I said, they were foolish, and did not think
ahead (a personal nit of mine with *most* of corporate America).  I
guess I still don't understand why they wouldn't have done it from the
beginning, as I would *expect* to put ECC on *any* memory in a large
system.

BTW, if you are wondering, I did not ignore your eBay comment.  I can
speak in general terms about my own opinions and public knowledge, but I
cannot comment on a specific customer.  That would not be kosher.

-pete