[geeks] computer room gallery 8-)

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 4 18:59:45 CST 2002

We do this every now and then... Here's the pictures of my
now-clean computer room:

http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/comproom/

All these pictures were taken within five minutes of each other; its
the crappy camera (KB Gear JamCam 3.0) and its automatic flash that
makes the lighting vary so much.  The "windowsill" and "dvdswitch"
pictures are the best indicator of the actual lighting in the room
(100watt GE Reveal bulbs).

audrey: my "new" 3Com Ergo Audrey, waiting on its Ethernet adapter
	(thanks, ken!)

corner: same as windowsill, just zoomed out a bit

dvdswitch: Cat1900 Cisco switch, some DVDs I got from my wish list the
	other day, and some stuff I need to put online from a friend.

homenet: Another Cat1900, my cablemodem, and NetGear RT314 "router".

mac1: First Mac desk shot.

mac2: other half of the desk.  Cube, IDE/Firewire enclosures (one with a
	30G HD, one with a Plextor cd-rw), USB hub, USB Zip drive, all on
	top of a JVC SR-VS20U dual-deck DV/SVHS w/Firewire VCR

sifchair: Sif, our oldest cat, taking a nap.  The flash woke her up.

siffycat: Same cat, five minutes later.  "when are you gonna get done
	so I can go back to sleep on the mac chair"

sunblade1k: My main UNIX box here at the house

sunblade2: Same system, out a bit

thecart:  I WOULD KILL FOR ANOTHER ONE OF THESE.  I bought this cart
	at Wal-Mart about four years ago before we moved to this house,
	and I have been *unable* to find another one since.  I would buy
	at least two or three of them ON THE SPOT if I could.  This one
	has hauled everything from pets, to computers, to construction
	supplies..

wall: Wall behind the sunblade.  A E10K banner, "atomic" clock, my
	fallout shelter sign, and a poster that Amy picked out.

windowsill: my "bookshelf", to the right of the SB1K.  I have a big
	bay window in the room.

Yes, you may notice I have no carpet except for the 6'x9' rug in the
	middle of the room - we're going to be putting Pergo down
	soon, as well as repainting, etc.

Anybody else got pictures of their "home datacenter"s? 8-)

(and on that note, anybody got a better digital camera for sale?
 I got this one for $30, and boy, I got what I paid for...)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net