[geeks] worst part of the job?

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 3 18:43:58 CST 2002

On Wednesday, January 2, 2002, at 11:44 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 08:43:41PM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
>> I have also, in my various roles had to;
>> - go after a telephone abuser
>> - escort ex-employees out of the building.
>> - escort unwanted visitors out of the building.
>> - evacuate a building.
>
> Ooh, details!

Telephone abuser was coming in on weekends to call his girlfriend who
had moved to Japan.  I got suspicious when I came by work on a Saturday,
and he was there on the phone.  He didn't strike me as the dedicated
type.  Many kilobucks, and they let him pay it back.  I would canned his
ass, he knew what he was doing...

Ex-employees, after layoffs, or normal termination.

Unwanted visitors: best one was recruiter (friend of mine, actually),
who snuck in while we were giving a building dedication.  She was going
around and getting names off of doors.  She was surprised when I helped
her to leave.

Evacuate: Gas leak in old building.  Best comment on me running arounf
and removing people was: "Gee, you move fast for a large man." :-)
-Pete