[geeks] worst part of the job?

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 3 11:52:33 CST 2002

On Thursday, January 3, 2002, at 12:41 PM, Doctor Obnox Son of a Bitch
wrote:

> When I got laid off from $ISP in Oct., They let me keep my two full
> accounts, 1 POP box for the wife, DSL access (still have to pay Qwest,
> but always had to anyway), /29 netblock, and access to a couple other
> places for 6 months, after that I'll get charged.  I've never heard of
> such trust and generosity in this industry. I'll will say good things
> about my former employer for a long long time because of this.

For longer than 6 months? ;^)

BTW, I was watching a show on A&E on a murder in SF years ago, and the
lead investigator was named Eric Gustafson - got a chuckle out of me...
On a related note, Dennis Ritchie has a web page talking about his
"alternate lives" - links to various references to people who share his
name - parachutests, race car drivers, musicians, etc. A good laugh - I
keep meaning to put one together on me (try it, "google" your name and
see what comes back!)...

Ken

n2vip at yahoo.com
n2vip at mac.com