[geeks] Legato backup

Scott Howard geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 3 06:22:41 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 05:47:41PM -0500, James Sharp wrote:
> Does it suck?  Part of the New And Improved Job Description for James(tm)
> includes managing a Legato server.  Should i bother with it...or should I
> just replace it with AMANDA?

It sucks, but it's good too...

If you're just doing Unix, and you're not trying to do something too
tricky, it works a charm.  If you're trying to push it, or doing
non-standard clients (read NetWare) then you'll have some problems.

We do over 200 clients (across 6 platforms), and almost 10Tb of data a week,
and after a year of fighting we've almost got it working well...