[geeks] worst part of the job?

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 22:43:41 CST 2002

On Wednesday, January 2, 2002, at 11:16 , Bill Bradford wrote:

> next to me>, can you come here please?", and then 30 seconds later my
> boss walks over and asks me to go change the passwords on his SPARC and
> Windows box... 8-(

Funny this should come up - it was the noontime topic on NPR today.
(Friting and being fired).  I have had to lay ppl. off, and been laid
off myself.  Both sucked, the former more than the latter. :-(

I have also, in my various roles had to;
- lock accounts
- go after a telephone abuser
- escort ex-employees out of the building.
- escort unwanted visitors out of the building.
- evacuate a building.

-Pete