[geeks] worst part of the job?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 13:16:43 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 12:27:00PM -0500, Big Endian wrote:
> I work at $SMALL_COMPANY and they just had me lock all accounts and
> change all the passwords on various systems that $JUST_FIRED_GUY had
> access to.  I honestly thing this is one of the worst parts of the
> job.

I had to do this when they laid off 400 people from $BIG_TELCO here in
Austin at the end of November.  We knew that they were laying off people,
but when I heard the department director go "Hey, <guy who sits in cube
next to me>, can you come here please?", and then 30 seconds later my
boss walks over and asks me to go change the passwords on his SPARC and
Windows box... 8-(

Bill

--
Bill Bradford