[geeks] worst part of the job?

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 15:13:51 CST 2002

> news is that we are as thin as we can be, and the execs have said so too.
> Layoffs now will affect delivery of service.

Having worked at a few dot-bombs that fell victim to the "free money" of the
venture capitalists, I find it refreshing now to work for a company that
understands that "if you don't make it in income, you shouldn't be spending
it".

Honestly, it really makes sense.  I don't spend more in household expenses
than I make in my paycheck each month, why should a company?  We could argue
things like ROI and marketing potential all day, but as far as I'm
concerned, those are just theories that have been proven wrong by recent
tech-implosion.

Kurt