[geeks] worst part of the job?

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 11:38:59 CST 2002

I had to think about this. I guess it depends on the reason the dude was
discharged. Downsizing sucks, political expulsion sucks the most, but paying
for your stupidity doesn't bother me at all (unless the job description was
a bunch of bull).

I have had to expunge users from systems, but it was mostly downsizing.
Honestly, and I hate to admit it, mostly I felt relief that I was doing it
and not having it done to me. We have shaved 50% off the staff in the last
year, so its been bloody. I am in a precarious position, having moved 800
miles and bought a house for this job. If I loose it I'm toast. The good
news is that we are as thin as we can be, and the execs have said so too.
Layoffs now will affect delivery of service.