[geeks] Paypal sucks

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 14:44:29 CST 2002

> Note that most of the people on these "paypal sucks" pages are those who
> tended to keep funds in their paypal account and treat it like a bank -
> its not, its a funds transferral service.

Which is just a bad idea as large "/" filesystems on mission critical
servers.  All monies I recieve via PayPal are immediately swept into my bank
account.  I rarely keep more than $10 in there at any time...

If something goes wrong at my bank, I can go down there and speak to a
teller, or even a member of the board (credit union).  With Paypal, if
something goes wrong I've got nearly no recourse.

People should realize this from the get-go.  I have no sympathy for people
who use something to do something it wasn't designed to do - and then
complain when stuff doesn't work they way they want it to.  That's like
taking an AK-47 to a tank fight, and complaining when things don't go your
way...

Using PayPal as a bank is like giving a wad of cash to Western Union (the
wire transfer service) and asking them to hold on to it for a while.  It
just doesn't make any sense (to me anyway).

Kurt