[geeks] worst part of the job?

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 11:37:20 CST 2002

Big Endian wrote:

> I work at $SMALL_COMPANY and they just had me lock all accounts and
> change all the passwords on various systems that $JUST_FIRED_GUY had
> access to.  I honestly thing this is one of the worst parts of the
> job.
> [...]
> Anybody else feel this way?

Not at all. It's a normal part of systems administration in any
environment. I just did it on our systems here not so long ago. If you
think that's hard, you should be the manager of the guy who was let go
here; they're roommates.

What would be the point, really, of passwords if they weren't changed
when someone leaves? Unless you're feeling bad about his getting canned,
but that's between him and his employers.

---sambo